dct700 black screen

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
OneOldguy

dct700 black screen

Post by OneOldguy »

the box shows some channels and others just show guide and then black screen, i checked signal and is good.? this all happened after flash any suggestions?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

looks like you figured out the posting lol...sorry i was late on your pm. you might to rewrite the info to that box, make sure you have a good back up, that is the number one reason new people mess up their boxs. even take a few saves of the box before you start playing. kinda late for that now though lol....was the box desubbed before you took your backups? remember you can only get whatever was last subbed to the box. with a black screen only showing you should be able to fix the box with a bit of messin around, when you see not authorized then that's another story..lol. how old is that box and when was it last subb'd ?
live your life like a beer commericial
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

when i check under the secret menu it shows that its authorized but i get black screen how can i check it the back up i have is good? or might be the backup is not from my area?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

A Black screen is usually an indication of a Platform that's not up to date. In this part of the free world 3.57 is still the Platform Comcast is using. My guess is that you're running 3.46. Black screens - bah ! Humbug! Thumb your nose at a Black screen.
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

can i use the plat of a dct2500 and flash it to the dct700
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

i checked and the dct700 has plat 3.57 running
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, Sir - you can! Normally Firmware is designed to be specific for one model but, in this case, you should be able to use the 2500's credentials on your 700. Damn if that ain't strange! Getting a black screen with current Firmware. With Comcast, that happens only if you get hardware that hasn't been used for a few years. For instance, getting an STB at a Yard Sale or a Flea Mart. Yea, go ahead and flash new credentials.
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

but if its running plat 3.57 why re flash the 2500 one?
moddog

Dct700

Post by moddog »

In the diagnostics check 00B status (Data * NRS db) if Good or poor and check the In band status as well
Good better best
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

yea signal is perfect.
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

im using nt 0.67 and im getting this detect flash type?
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

skyhigh can you get in forum irc chat