Out of Band Timeout

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
Killswitch

Out of Band Timeout

Post by Killswitch »

It's interesting what is happening in Phila PA on Xfinity in regards to Cable Boxes that are not on account. I use a DCT700 on one of my TV's because, it has the TV Guide app which is a big plus. Two days ago, I lose my TV Guide and, find that the OOB (out of band) is GONE along with correct time and stuff surrounding the OOB frequency which, is 72.25 Mhz. Went into the Main Menu and, the Hunt specifies an OOB Timeout which, is fascinating that Xfinity is actually able to do it to boxes that aren't on account. Try to correct the situation by fixing the LKC (last known Carrier ) back into place and, the box will NOT accept it. Shuts it off and, restarts without an OOB . I suppose that reflashing the 3.80 Firmware will work for apprx. 12 hours. I'm wondering if this will happen to any Xfinity Box that isn't on account ? Wow, if this isn't Security from Hell ! Any comments are welcome. Have a goodday.
household2

Post by household2 »

i dont thing that you can flash firm ware they change the keys
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Please ! I've already done it and, has stabilized.
household2

Post by household2 »

for how long
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Dude, unless you've got some answers, don't keep asking questions. Got something to pony up ? Bring it on ! I've solved my problem. Good to go. Can you claim the same ?
household2

Post by household2 »

well then pass it on dont be greedy
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Dude, you're still squirreling around for answers in reference to your questions about that cheap joke called a DTA . When you have something of substance to contribute, I'll give it a shot. Goodday from Poert Richmond.
household2

Post by household2 »

well im in the north east phily and thanks for your help