Looking for XC patent info

XC chip, auth and block SPI command.
techno

Looking for XC patent info

Post by techno »

I'm looking for info on the XC any info or a patent number would be good.

Techno
tester5

Post by tester5 »

the box has all patents on it.
techno

Post by techno »

Just thought I would ask before having to check every single one.

I figured someone on here probably already had the info.
shortkud

Post by shortkud »

There were some links posted on here by cipher that linked to freepatents, you should be able to find them by searching.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Find all those info on back of DCt2224 or DCT2500. Use google and search them.
cablehackernoob

Found this on another site...dunno if its might help.

Post by cablehackernoob »

Okay, first of all, I want to state, I do not possess a satellite system, nor do I have any cable TV service, so I am just a person seeking knowledge, for personal pleasure... That being said, I will now continue.

XC42006-006 Chip discovered!

Okay, I found the XC chip. That "4006" in the title, is an error, should be 42006, not 4006.

The XC, I believe, stands for "access control", the "X" stands for "access", and of course, the "C" stands for "control". This is my opinion of course, as I have not found anything else.

The chip is technically called the ACP (Access Control Processorâ€￾ chip, and this XC primarily shows up on Motorola chip production. However, I have seen it on Xilinx production.

It is a mask number. Motorola has a “realâ€￾ number for this chip.

It is a special chip, by Motorola, originally labeled XC68EN302xxxxxxx as an engineer production. Where the “x’sâ€￾ are, are various options available to the chip.

During regular production it has an MC68EN302xxxxxxx as its real model number.

Now this EN number can change too! There are “different coresâ€￾ that could go into it, in the place of EN.

The EN stands for an 4 channel with EtherNet core. EN = Ethernet. SC = single ethernet, on FreeScale production chips. On the Motorola production unit, SC can indicate passive ISDN, whatever that is.

If anyone wants to jump in, anytime, please do so, as this is just an educational discussion...

They also said some were ("XPC = XC qualified’), whatever that means.

Then (XPE = XC qualified EC CPU), and (MPE = qualified EC CPU). Apparently many options! If anyone understands these markings, and can explain, please explain...

EC = embedded controller. PC = PCMCIA, for those units which have a PCMCIA card. The ones with the X in the very front of the model number, such as XPC, XPE, are engineering production chips.

Now there are also other core numbers, to replace the EN/EC/PC/etc numbers, for other options... Complicated? Yes it is.

Now the 302 numbers, can change too, going to other members of the MPU family, such as 360,
8240, 8260, 801, 850, 860, 106, 603, 740, and 750.
As I understand it, these numbers reflect the number of transistors contained within those particular Motorola family MCU chips! I believe that 302 means 302,000 transistors... Correct me if I am wrong!

Apparently this is similar to the markings of the Motorola MC68HC331, MC68HC332, and MC68HC338 MCU chips, which they use in Jerrold analog cable boxes. I see also, they are using this MC68HC331 in the Star Choice boxes, as the microprocessor chip.

So the markings are dependent on "who" makes the final XC chip, Motorola, Xilinx, or FreeScale. And on the final cores and options placed within the chips!Chip model numbers will vary, based upon Motorola, Xilinx, or FreeScale, as they mark their chips differently.

There is a SCF80003AF XC chip, as well as the XC420061-006 chip. The SC means customer chip, and the F means it was made by FreeScale. I am speaking of SCF marking. This SCF80003AF chip, is being used in boxes in South America, in the location of the "XC" chip. So based upon that, I would say, it is an XC chip.

The frequency of the chip, also can vary, depending on who makes it, from 25, 66, 200, and 300. There may be other frequencys also available now. The operating voltages of the chip vary from 3.3 VDC to 5.0 VDC.

Anyone got anything to add??????
Alonso

Yes i have one thing to add

Post by Alonso »