need help to remove ddr on dct2500

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
antonx

need help to remove ddr on dct2500

Post by antonx »

can someone give my instructions on how to debrick and remove ddr on the front panal of a dct2500 i tried debricking methods but that ddr wont go away
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

antonx wrote:can someone give my instructions on how to debrick and remove ddr on the front panal of a dct2500 i tried debricking methods but that ddr wont go away
I can help you vie teamviewer at night pacific time.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Try Reset 1 and see if that will clear your display on the 2500 and take you into Debug Mode. If it clears your screen, then you'll need to slow program a new Boot and Firmware. You're that Philly Boy, aren't you ? It's hung up in a Reboot Loop. You may have to get a mini Alligator Jumper clip and connect
those 2 pins on the MotherBoard for hard-core Bricks. My guess is that doing a Reset 1 WILL get you into Debug Mode and allow you to reprogram. I recently
had a Bitch of a 2500 that I was finally able to Debrick. My best guess is that
you can do likewise between me and the Admin.
antonx

Post by antonx »

tried reset 1 takes ddr off screen but programming still isnt workin may consider team view wit usbbdm imma try it a few more times should i remove the j200 jumper then try to program ??
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

antonx wrote:tried reset 1 takes ddr off screen but programming still isnt workin may consider team view wit usbbdm imma try it a few more times should i remove the j200 jumper then try to program ??
Setup teamviewer it is an easy fix.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, you MUST remove Jumper before reprogramming. You can use the Boot file for the 2500 that the Admin put into his Downloads a few years ago, and in case you didn't know, you can try using Firmware and NVRAM for the DCT 700 in case you didn't do a Backup If I'm not mistaken, the FW for 700's will work but not the NVRAM . Sticking a 700's NVRAM might give you another DDR on the screen like you had. Just like you, once had a DDR that I couldn't get rid of easily and, gave it back to Xfinity. The Tech just shook his head and said,
" never seen that one before " . No shit,Sherlock. Just love Xfinity. Love to see them cry into their Cheerios.
antonx

Post by antonx »

umm got busy also kinda gave up on this dct2500 considering setting up teamviewer umm whats the steps in doing that by the way this box use to click when i did a tap c or tap a now it doesnt even click ddr is stuck on screen no matter what button u push on the box even the power button ddr stays there
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

The click is coming from a Relay located on the Power PCB that powers up the box. Probably the easiest way to get past your Bricked status is to Factory Reset your 2500 until it displays a big 0 on the Display. That means you have no Channel Map because you have no NVRAM . Then, you won't have to slow program the Firmware and Boot. You can program at regular speed which is
MUCH faster than waiting on a slow program to take effect. I forget how to Factory Reset the 2500, Google it and Test that boy out. It's not that hard, neither is the reprogramming. Just tricky doing it for the first time.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

everything is tricky the first time ;)