HELP!

Backup of earlier posts.
srgrounds

HELP!

Post by srgrounds »

Ok, i got two boxes, one is a 2224/1661 other is 2244/1661, ones a ph8 and other ph7. Got them both read and saved, now what do i do? do i click on connect the box and then hook up to see what comes on? P.S. both boxes are from my area but i dont know background of them. Any help would be great as im pretty freaking stupid when it comes to starting something new, but am fast learner. Thanks.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

As long as you have the firmware and NVRAM backup, you can do anything.

To get the box connected, (your box should be able to flip the channel but no video/audio), try the connect the box feature.
srgrounds

Post by srgrounds »

Thank you sir.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

hopefully you get lucky and the previous owner had alot of the premium channels.
srgrounds

Post by srgrounds »

BDM says connected but it wont come on, when i hook it up and then plug box in it, the box powers up but in lower right corner it still says bdm-off. Any help?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The BDM connected is that the hardware of the BDM is connected. Does not mean your box is connected. You needto use the connect feature to connect your box.
kai

Post by kai »

Have you read the posts at the old forum? Every question I had about the bdm was asked and answered there or here at this forum. Do yourself a favor and read all the posts, there is a wealth of information there. There's even a post called "Let the box get connected" in the testing section.

Here is the link for the old forum.

http://usbbdm.proboards44.com/
srgrounds

Post by srgrounds »

What i mean is that when the software is open, in bottom right corner it says bdm connected but i cant get it to say bdm ON. When i have all hooked up i plug 2244 into wall and it powers up, but the lower right corner bdm stays OFF. So i cant run any test to box.

usbbdm wrote:The BDM connected is that the hardware of the BDM is connected. Does not mean your box is connected. You needto use the connect feature to connect your box.
kai

Post by kai »

The box stays on even after you type reset 1 and init into the command window?
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

you might have the bdm connector plugged in upside down. try turninh it around.
srgrounds

Post by srgrounds »

Thanks for the help last night dctbdm, i got one of three boxes read and saved. The other two go through the motions but theres no info in the code-nvram tabs, all fffffffffffffs and 00.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If you have not read the firmware all FF, that is the initialized value. If you HAVE read code and all FFs, your flash is erased and need to be programmed.
srgrounds

Post by srgrounds »

The saga continues, of the three boxes i did, one box had four hbo and two cinea-maxes open and some other channels not worth mention. Alot of the HD channels had sound but no picture, whats up with that? The ppvs i have no idea whats going on there. The in-demand would not work at all and the other ppvs said for ordering info click ok, i dont have a remote so i dont know if those will work or not. The other two boxes, i got nothing at all except 2-69. Every other channel said, this channel should be on shortley, but they never came on. Its a start i guess. Great little device you have there.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

you need a HD box in order to get HD channels. this bdm doesn't work on those boxes. ondemand is a 2way only application. you can't test it now.