Can't restore backup please help!!!

Newbie post here.
j1194

Can't restore backup please help!!!

Post by j1194 »

Im trying to get a box out of 0 and im having problems restoring the backup all i get is "program failed". This is a PH 6

Screen shot attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drknebula

Post by drknebula »

Have you verified that your firmware does in fact need to be flipped? What does your code tab look like after you do a "getram code"? If it starts with a bunch of "..@h@h@h" then you should not need to flip the code. If it doesn't, then you're doing the right thing in flipping the firmware. If yo do in fact need to flip the firmware and just programming the code from offset 500000 of lenght 200000.
j1194

Post by j1194 »

When I try that offset and length I get "Can not find the memory in the configuration or out of range" and yes I have veriefed that it does need to be flipped
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Looks like your box is PH6 or earlier. most likely you need to flip the firmware.
Also are you program the box with the firmware backed up from the same box?
tester5

Post by tester5 »

i do not see how would fail because not flipped ...i think some bad connection bad flash or settings.....i was able to program any bad data into those old boxes it only fail if flash was wrong or boot was erased..couple other things i cant remember
j1194

Post by j1194 »

Usbbdm yes the firmware backup is from that same box and yes I have flipped the firmware, still no go.

Tester5 i have changed the usb cable and re-seated the connection to the board a bunch of times, also switched computers and the same thing. If the flash is somehow wrong or the boot was erased what can I do?, I have 2 backups of the flash and neither seem to work, so I'm guessing the boot possibly how do I go about repairing it? Would 0793tvr7304rSPI.bin help and where do I download it, or something else?

BTW I think I ended up this way by either flashing the CODE with the NVRAM or using the command setram code, one or the other.
drknebula

Post by drknebula »

I've done the same thing--flashed the wrong data into the wrong segment. It should not be of any impact to your ability to flash code in the future however. Something sounds funny with your flash chip...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

j1194 wrote:Usbbdm yes the firmware backup is from that same box and yes I have flipped the firmware, still no go.

Tester5 i have changed the usb cable and re-seated the connection to the board a bunch of times, also switched computers and the same thing. If the flash is somehow wrong or the boot was erased what can I do?, I have 2 backups of the flash and neither seem to work, so I'm guessing the boot possibly how do I go about repairing it? Would 0793tvr7304rSPI.bin help and where do I download it, or something else?

BTW I think I ended up this way by either flashing the CODE with the NVRAM or using the command setram code, one or the other.
If you just restore from the exact the same model, you DO NOT need to flip the firmware unless you want to fake UID.
j1194

Post by j1194 »

usbbdm i saved it flipped is why im flipping it on the way back however it is allways saying flash failed i have tried it both ways, is there some other flash i could try ?

Also where can i get 0793tvr7304rSPI.zip and ph8tvr7304r.zip I have a ph 8 which i have nothing for and it's in "0" state.

Thanks!
tester5

Post by tester5 »

box still on?
getram code
see if starts with lots of @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
if yes then load new backup
flshdct code
program 406000 aa000
reset
setram nvram
nvram makes you be stuck on 0 not firmware
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

j1194 wrote:usbbdm i saved it flipped is why im flipping it on the way back however it is allways saying flash failed i have tried it both ways, is there some other flash i could try ?

Also where can i get 0793tvr7304rSPI.zip and ph8tvr7304r.zip I have a ph 8 which i have nothing for and it's in "0" state.

Thanks!
Why you flash failed? I think you need to setup VNC or logmein and let me take a look. It is VERY simple to program as long as you use the right file. Never had a failure on BDM to program a box.
j1194

Post by j1194 »

ok I will try tester5's suggestions when i get home in 4 hours if that doesn't work ill set it up for VNC thanks for your input ill let you guys know in about 4hours.

Also it does not start with @@@@h@@@@ until i flip it but then it does, so your right i dont really think the flash is bad but i wonder why it woln't program.
j1194

Post by j1194 »

Tester5 i used getram code and the flash is not correct both flipped and not no @@@@@h just all FF FF FF, tried using 406000 and aa000 and i get flash failed at 400000, same thing. USBBDM i will set up VNC
tester5

Post by tester5 »

your box dosent go into bdm mode i think

make sure you do
reset 1
init

couple times in a row//// kinda weir i did have some problems too
j1194

Post by j1194 »

Your right it says "BDM OFF" and i tired reset 1 , init 3 times in a row any idea on hoe to force BDM on??

It says BDM on and then when i type program in, it goes off.