DCT 2244/1161 Non ph board

USB BDM software. Bug report.
reene4525

DCT 2244/1161 Non ph board

Post by reene4525 »

The above mentioned box had 7.93 firmware. Changed nvram, box reverted back to 5.50 version (no menu or channel guide). Even when I flash back the original backed up firmware and nvram it remains disabled. On the diagnostic screen: APP CODE MODULES DCT_ROM 05.50 ENABLED TV_GUIDE? 72.06 ENNORUM 00082000 07.93 DISABLED SEACVOD_ 04.06 DISABLED Old versions must be stored somewhere in the unit. I don't understand what causes firmware versions to become enabled or disabled. Any way to fix this? Thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

For PH6,CR4 and non PH board
1. All need to lit C05.
2. Board has a 512KB DIP flash chip.

When the board boots up, it first boots from the dip, in your case v5.50. Then it looks NVRAM's configuration to load firmware (plateoform and application).from 2M If somehow the NVRAM does not provide the correct information, it will NOT boot from the 2M.

An easy way is to find an exact box and clone its NVRAM and then flash the firmware to 2M flash.

That is why it PH7/8/9 are recommended. Even PH6 has the same problem.
reene4525

Post by reene4525 »

ok, thanks. I already have cap 105 removed. Programmed original nvram and firmware back (7.93) This box did work before I did anything to it. Still reverts to the default firmware ( 5.50). Am I doing something wrong?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Please notice that some CR4 board has $400000 and $500000 flipped. You need to flip them before you program the flash.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

i have four non ph boards and one of them did the same thing as yours. if you program it wrong the first time your out of luck. i haven't been able to fix mine. i just through it off to the side.
reene4525

Post by reene4525 »

Now that I think of it, the first time I programmed it I didn't flip the firmware. Seems to be permanently vers. 5.50 now.
reene4525

Post by reene4525 »

Btw, The flash chips in this box are: 29LV800BA-90PFTN. I tried the program setting for: AMD AM29LV400BB, won't program at all. Does program on setting: ST M29W800AB though. Don't know if this could be the problem.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

patsfan wrote:i have four non ph boards and one of them did the same thing as yours. if you program it wrong the first time your out of luck. i haven't been able to fix mine. i just through it off to the side.
patsfan, I think your box can be saved. If you do not mind and setup the VNC, I should be able to fix yours.
reene4525

Post by reene4525 »

Do you think you can save mine?
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

usbbdm wrote:
patsfan wrote:i have four non ph boards and one of them did the same thing as yours. if you program it wrong the first time your out of luck. i haven't been able to fix mine. i just through it off to the side.
patsfan, I think your box can be saved. If you do not mind and setup the VNC, I should be able to fix yours.

sure. no rush though. i've got a few things on the go right now. thanks for the offer.
twistedps

Post by twistedps »

i think im having the problem also, i think it was due to my bad flashing skills... or lack of them lol
moddman

Post by moddman »

I am having the same problem with my non-ph old board. Cant seem to get any video or audio. I got the guide to download and correct time but no progress after that. I dont want to give up on this box anyone have any suggestions. I have a CR4 Nvram and 7.96 firmware installed. It originally had 5.50 and did not backup and files from this box. If my box is out of commission then someone tell me but as I said I dont want to give up so I can get it working someday soon. A VNC would be great but hopefully someone offers to help in that case.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

sounds like the wrong nvram config for your box. this is causing the box to boot from the dip rom instead. you should be able to fix your box by editing the nvram at location 23CEF5 and changing it to any other value before writing it to the box. so,

get your box connected to bdm, computer etc.
load and write the firmware you want to the box
load your nvram you want to use but change the value at 23CEF5 to anything else
then write nvram to the box

this will cause the dip rom on the box to copy the correct configuration so it will boot properly from now on.
moddman

Post by moddman »

Thanks for the advice but unfornuately my last step before writing the last post was change the 23cef5 position to a 99 value and it did what I explained in the post. I did everything to this box that I could come up with and no luck. The closest I ever came was that I could only see channel 2 and none else. I then messed around with the box and zeroed it nvram and reloaded firmware (7.93) again and now even channel 2 does not come on at all. But it did download the guide and clock and even upgraded firmware to 7.96 and the box power turned off after the upgrade was done. It still had the correct time when I turned it on after pressing power. It seems intriguing to me that the box does not work after all this but after reading the posts in the forum old boards are hard to work with and I can definitley agree to that.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

moddman wrote:Thanks for the advice but unfornuately my last step before writing the last post was change the 23cef5 position to a 99 value and it did what I explained in the post. I did everything to this box that I could come up with and no luck. The closest I ever came was that I could only see channel 2 and none else. I then messed around with the box and zeroed it nvram and reloaded firmware (7.93) again and now even channel 2 does not come on at all. But it did download the guide and clock and even upgraded firmware to 7.96 and the box power turned off after the upgrade was done. It still had the correct time when I turned it on after pressing power. It seems intriguing to me that the box does not work after all this but after reading the posts in the forum old boards are hard to work with and I can definitley agree to that.
If your box get new firmware and time synced, you are likely to get the right channel map. Check the box connect status and make sure it is connected. If not you can either connect it via NVRAM or modify the firmware to make it always connected.

To check connect status, you can use menu to find. I think under setup and watch info. You can also find it under "Current Channel Status" under diag screen. Most case the black screen is that the box is in disconnect status.