Could someone run CM sniff PLEASE!!!

Newbies post here.
boarder1042

Could someone run CM sniff PLEASE!!!

Post by boarder1042 »

I need some macs from different areas to test on a DCM315. I will give a list of macs i have gathered.

I believe its macs i need. The modem wont aqcuire an upstream or downstream. Any macs or input would be much appreciated!!
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

what area do you need macs for
and what providor? I'm in canada using cogeco if you need some macs
virus.b

Re: Cloning

Post by virus.b »

Why not just "clone" your friend's modem from another city, and then split the bill with him? Its nice and easy, and quick. :)
boarder1042

Post by boarder1042 »

i need macs for comcast. I am located near chicago.

Thanks for the idea virus.b Ill see if i can do that, but ofr now i only need a mac to test on the dcm315
tester5

Post by tester5 »

a mac will not help you at all .
some area on cmcast in chicago bpi+ is enforced plus cmcast certificate.''
you must clone entire modem or learn how to add a packet cable certificate into your modem that one is done at provisioning. like i said some area not all...'

if your in that area i describe above only MACs from old modems dcsis1.0 will work...when scan diferent node you might find something like D10_m_model#_silver or standard_c01.cm

any mac related with D11 will not work ...good luck..
boarder1042

Post by boarder1042 »

tester5,

I loaded everything from my working sb5100 onto the dcm315 by getram 9fc00000 200000. It programmed correctly (finally).

How would i go about enabling/disabling bpi/bpi+?
shrooms

Post by shrooms »

if your 5100 is working and you cloned it, then your dcm should work as well
on a stock modem, bpi+ is manditory.

if anything, grab the dcm and ldram boot and ldram image0 as well as image1, but you should've backed up the dcm before anything, that way you ever need to use that modem in legit standing with your isp, you'll need your original hfc/usb/eth mac, serial, and certs/keys.

anytime before modding a modem with full flash, back up it's original flash with certs, you'll need it, believe me.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

if you clone entire modem from different node your fine no need to do it at all, unless they change the cert from their side.
boarder1042

Post by boarder1042 »

This may be a stupid question, but how do the certs get on the modem?

The reason i ask this is because i helped all my buddies out with sigma on their sb5100s and i dont know anyone with a valid comcast account. Will it work if i boot a modem up in a different area and copy it? (i doubt it but like i said... stupid question)

Maybe ill have to wait till next monday to get one. I start working for comcast then.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

if your are uses CERTS and bpi+...scan network for D10 configs there are still a few out there the silver and standard version...or upload your own from old ones the speedtiers

otherwise fighting the certs and bpi+ can be a hassle for beginner.
boarder1042

Post by boarder1042 »

Thanks for the info tester5 i got it up and running now. Im guessing as soon as the person with the mac addy i cloned stops their service, this modem will go down too and i have to get a new mac?

Also, i need some macs for RoadRunner. Do you know of anywhere i could get some?

My friend is having issues with his sb5100 on RoadRunner and im thinking that this may work for him too