SB6120 firmware.

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX
usbbdm

SB6120 firmware.

Post by usbbdm »

Just in case someone want to see how the firmware was build.
Get source code from
https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/frs/ ... sb6120/frs
You need to install a linux box to be able to compile them.

To make a nosyboot loader. Go to u-boot-1.2.0 then modify several macros like
CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_PROMPT
and build you will get the right boot loader.

I will see if it is easy to get a tool chain that can be downloaded. The source code from Motorola normally will not be complete to be able to build the real firmware but good enough to understand how it works.
retard123

Post by retard123 »

usbbdm wrote:Just in case someone want to see how the firmware was build.
Get source code from
https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/frs/ ... sb6120/frs
You need to install a linux box to be able to compile them.

To make a nosyboot loader. Go to u-boot-1.2.0 then modify several macros like
CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_PROMPT
and build you will get the right boot loader.

I will see if it is easy to get a tool chain that can be downloaded. The source code from Motorola normally will not be complete to be able to build the real firmware but good enough to understand how it works.
yea you cant compile much without a full toolchain and you cant just download it, trust me I would know
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Since it is a very "big deal" I will start to make some tool for you guys to play with the firmware. The first one will be image tool. This will allow you unpack and pack the firmware. Since Motorola is open source project it is not hard to make an image tool.
Believe me it is not "rocket science".

Again I have no intent to be in cable modem hacking. Myself do not use cable modem. But many members had request me to take a look and I think it is time to give something to the royal members.

I did analyzed the binary yesterday. The firmware image had TWO part. The first part is the boot up script. The second part is the "Multi-part image".

So the first thing of the image tool is to split and combine two part (files). The CRC code is in the open source code.
UserName

Post by UserName »

that would be nice maybe we can changes names and things in their haxore they are so proud of it. so anyone can have whatever names they like..
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
ooker

Post by ooker »

LOL you guys are unbelievable and you are all shitting in your own woods. The source code link that USBbdm posted was posted over at that "other site" a loong time ago by AMBJR and again by daks001 (his had a few other goodies) and glad I d/l'd it before they had the hissy fit and took everything down.

If you guys would stop fighting with each other and pissing on each other's leg you might get a lot more things accomplished that would benefit everybody. I can understand some of usbbdm's resentment after the "clone wars" (lol sounds like star wars) but some of the others here it makes no sense why you would want to steal a free firmware?

I've been on the modem and other scenes for quite a while now... you guys remember Fibercoax and the 4X00 firmwares? Look what happened to that.... dumb asses with the same attitudes as I see here helped cause the development of that to come to a grinding halt. How long has it been since there was a 4X00 firmware update? Greed,Penis envy and short term thinking killed it.

I looked over at the other site and thought they were killing craiglist posts to stifle competition, then I looked at the haxoware reseller's page and saw that they had given permission to Theoryshare to sell Haxorware (and a bunch of others) so if they had been the competition stiffling idiots I had first thought they were, the physical proof of that page proved otherwise. So if someone does figure out how to revers engineer the html pages on haxorware I'm not sure what they would accomplish except spoil it for Everybody! Well unless they can continue development themselves but from what I've seen the wankers trying to reverse it are not even close to smart enough to "take the ball and run with it" and continue to make it better. The only people that would benefit from hacked html pages on Haxorware are the ones that try to flood the market by making a quick buck and notice the support or information they share about it? Someone please show me a site that has provided better support or more information than "those guys"? I see a couple others that just copy and paste info from there...

I asked a couple of the admins on irc why the hissy fit over the 6120 firmware, daks001 gave the answer that made the most sense, he did not give a crap about other people working on the program (in fact he had been encouraging more people to get involved and work as a team) he seemed mostly pissed off that some of the "war profiteers" as he called them would be so stupid to try and mass market something that is half assed done and have 1000 noobs that have no clue what they are doing, causing problems for the ISP's and alerting them that there is a widespread problem, he made a good point in that they may ignore D1 and D2 stuff but D3 has a lot more investment in it, where they may really lock down their systems and then everybody is screwed!!

BTW I asked daks001 why they had not posted the information on the other ways to flash a 6120 modem and why they had been pushing the USBjtagNT (he had given me a pointer on how to repair my NT (the usbconnector had worn out)) and I was really shocked at the answer... maybe you should talk to him one of these days usbbdm, unlike one of the admins over there he seems really decent.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Do I smell something? I just want to point out the opensouce project from Motorola is not new. VT2x42 is one I initially interested to take a look. Just google "Motorola opensource" you will see that. If you think this link is a steal of someone's work then you are really someone have a brain.

I see every time we try to do something and they believe that is taking credit from them. Sorry it is from Motorola not from any other source.

This thread is not to try to start a new fight. It is just a fact many thought it would be good idea to share the knowledge and the tool I make will be public. Of course will not copy from anyone's work. (Never take "copyright" from other's work).

Why there are so many SBH guys (admins) keep on coming to this site make such posts? Did we do something bad?
retard123

Post by retard123 »

usbbdm wrote:Do I smell something? I just want to point out the opensouce project from Motorola is not new. VT2x42 is one I initially interested to take a look. Just google "Motorola opensource" you will see that. If you think this link is a steal of someone's work then you are really someone have a brain.

I see every time we try to do something and they believe that is taking credit from them. Sorry it is from Motorola not from any other source.

This thread is not to try to start a new fight. It is just a fact many thought it would be good idea to share the knowledge and the tool I make will be public. Of course will not copy from anyone's work. (Never take "copyright" from other's work).

Why there are so many SBH guys (admins) keep on coming to this site make such posts? Did we do something bad?
the above guy doesnt sound like an admin to me, and i'm fairly sure no one could reverse haxorware as tcniso was trying this and could not do it

usbbdm i look forward to your firmware unpacking and repacking tool
retard123

Post by retard123 »

anyway here usbbdm rajko has already done it
http://haxorware.com/6120stuff.html
themob

Post by themob »

USBDM

Thank you for the trying help these folk about sb6120.
UserName

Post by UserName »

nobody fighting but would be nice anyone can configure the firmware with whatever name they want or settings etc... why only one can have and others share it who knows what else its in there maybe its a back door and they can find any modem with their firmware by special command.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
Bad_Ad84

Post by Bad_Ad84 »

There seems to be some confusion...
Its only the additional custom applications we have ever claimed any ownership of.

anyone can use the opensource firmware and create their own custom httpd if they want or just use it from the commandline.

I fail to see why people think we are claiming ownership of the motorola opensource code? the modem is running a version of linux, we are running our own custom applications in that enviroment (same deal with the SB5101, the http daemon is completely custom)

Just because the Modem/OS is open source, it doesnt mean our own application has to be... thats like saying you cant have closed sourced applications running on linux.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

No we are not confused.
This thread should be quiet until I have some tool posted. I know what I am doing and where I am heading. Please be calm this will not be copied. It is just an experiment to give some tool to allow more people being able to contribute the firmware.
Bad_Ad84

Post by Bad_Ad84 »

tool we made was posted above, it will allow you to edit the firmware and repackage it.

but it sounds like everyone thinks its just a case of "configuring" the modem to how you want and then you have made a firmware... thats not how it works, haxorware is its own application, not just a set of configurations or hacked webpages.

the 6120 firmware was just an alpha with a few things we found, no where near the finished product.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Sorry I am making my own tool. As I made my own JTAG software (Other copied and make money without "contribute" to the project).
It will be completely different tool set and yes it will be "configuration". Before it is out it is too early to say "No". Before my JTAG is out can anybody believe JTAG can be like this when they had been used blackcat for years?
Bad_Ad84

Post by Bad_Ad84 »

im not doubting you, your abilitys or the tool.

just highlighting the differences.

look forward to see what you come up with.