Need help activating.....

JTAG software bug report.
wickedcid

Need help activating.....

Post by wickedcid »

OK i am new here so i will say hi and tell you my issue i am having activating. I am using window 7 ultimate and installed the drivers that went fine. I tried to follow the video as best i could but the picture is a bit broken. Anyhow i went to setup (downloaded setup) while i had not pad open and that all went fine,after the initial install on set up i only get a nt folder(unzipped) but do not see the second install part where it brings the info up in note pad. I am not sure if this is a older way or not but i can open the nt software but says not activated. When i go to tools and select activate it says error hardware not exist. Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance...

Cid
themob

Post by themob »

Did you watch Video Tutorial? It will explain you everything.
wickedcid

Yep

Post by wickedcid »

I did watch the video and like i said it is a bit pixel but i find when i get to the second step where it should bring up the note pad info after the initial install of set up . exe i do not see what appears to be a install for the unlocking info. i uninstalled the software and tried reinstalling and this is where i am at now...

Cid In the video it shows a second install set up that is what i am missing. I am going to uninstall and delete everything and redownload and try again
wickedcid

activation code

Post by wickedcid »

I think the problem is am i supposed to be given a activation code,i was trying to get the software to generate one then email it in....I am not understanding this correctly??? Am i right do i wait for a activation code ??? Thanks in advance...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You need first select the right target. If you cannot select the target run setup.exe.

Then the activation dialog pops up and you can use online activation (DO NOT CLICK OK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CODE). You can also email to request the code.
wickedcid

Yep...

Post by wickedcid »

Well unfortunately we have not received our code and we have been waiting for it, (only a day or two)and in the process i did hit ok when i did not have the code so now when i go to tools activate thhat window is not coming up anymore.... but can you please send us the code as we have requested it a few times. We purchased 2 sets of both jtags and you do have our emails....Thanks in advance

Cid
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

wickedcid wrote:Well unfortunately we have not received our code and we have been waiting for it, (only a day or two)and in the process i did hit ok when i did not have the code so now when i go to tools activate thhat window is not coming up anymore.... but can you please send us the code as we have requested it a few times. We purchased 2 sets of both jtags and you do have our emails....Thanks in advance

Cid
Why it does not show up any more. You get the code. But you do not get activated because you select the wrong target.
1. Have BDM but select JTAG device like DCT700 ro.
2. You have JTAG but select DCT2224.

Go to tools menu and select activation you should see your code there.
wickedcid

Clarify...

Post by wickedcid »

OK from the start are we supposed to get a activation code from you to put in that window when it pops up or does it generate one??? Because if it is supposed to generate one it is blank. I tried setting the target in the config menu but still no go...I do get a hardware id popping up.....
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

wickedcid wrote:OK from the start are we supposed to get a activation code from you to put in that window when it pops up or does it generate one??? Because if it is supposed to generate one it is blank. I tried setting the target in the config menu but still no go...I do get a hardware id popping up.....
It is not generated by the program. It is a code on the server or emailed to you.
wickedcid

Got it...

Post by wickedcid »

Sorry in between me and my bro i missed the email that u needed hardware id, already sent and sorry for the confusion....

Cheers Cid
Fresh101

Post by Fresh101 »

How can I get Activation Code? Under my account it says "Get activation Code" I click there and fill the required field (Hardware ID) and it gives me this message, "Your activation retrieved failed. quaryl". What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance for the help.