a little help, intermitent connection

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

condorstrike

a little help, intermitent connection

Post by condorstrike »

need help, i've got a that flashed fine and connects but has intermittent problems, meaning its online but will pause and continue, pause and continue..

that's with everything, webpages, youtube, speedtests, all settings and power levels are fine, and only works with bpi+ enabled.
with bpi+ disabled it won't connect, Baseline Privacy wont finish, anyone have this problem?

tried in different nodes.
and my 4100 works fine.....

should i reflash my dump and start from scratch...:( help.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Did you Upload a config file? If not it will keep on reseting itself.

Just flashing the firmware is not enough. Thats just half the Job.
condorstrike

Post by condorstrike »

yeah, i've tried all types of configs, d10, d11, 5120's and 6120's and even walledgarden, they all work but not the way it should...

btw, the receive light is permanently on, it should blink right.

also this is a new revision board, no serial headers. HW rev 3. nov-2009.
condorstrike

Post by condorstrike »

I think I figured it out,
Docsis3 must be not completely implemented or on test mode, correct me if i'm wrong. When you have a docsis 1 modem and you get the End_ofLife it means they're doing the transition to docsis3, Today I tried it in a different node and it worked flawlesly, my cousin was getting EndofLife and not me, I did notice though that EndofLife config is on my Tftp server so if i'm right then they're about to roll it out completely...hopefully.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

condorstrike wrote:I think I figured it out,
Docsis3 must be not completely implemented or on test mode, correct me if i'm wrong. When you have a docsis 1 modem and you get the End_ofLife it means they're doing the transition to docsis3, Today I tried it in a different node and it worked flawlesly, my cousin was getting EndofLife and not me, I did notice though that EndofLife config is on my Tftp server so if i'm right then they're about to roll it out completely...hopefully.
If you have docsis 3 the the second light of the Modem (Receive Light ) should be Blue If Green then you are running on docsis 2
condorstrike

Post by condorstrike »

it is blue, and i have channel bonding, it connects and fast but has so muck packet loss it's unbearable, but works flawlessly @ my cousin's...different node.
condorstrike

Post by condorstrike »

can anyone help, if i have bpi disabled it reboots after it's all connected, is that normal?

and with bpi enabled i get bad packet loss @ my node....help