Netgear CG814CPR v2

RCA, DPC, etc.
totalanni

Netgear CG814CPR v2

Post by totalanni »

Just recieved this modem in the mail, has the same pin layout as a dpc2100. After hooking it up and setting it to sb5101mod and hitting detect, usbjtagnt tells me to "check my configuration"...i click ok 3x and it detects

Code: Select all

-detect 
 IDCODE 0334917F
 Broadcom BCM3349
 IMPCODE 00800904
 EJTAG V1, V2.0
 DMA supoorted
 Found Address= 9fc00000 CFI Intel 28F640J3
Was able to read the modem, but when trying to write firmware, it gives me this error.

-ldram Firmware 
-program Firmware 
 Dest must start at the boundary of a block
Im it has something to do with the flash? Here is a link to SBHacker on a similar topic, but there is no longer a flash.def to add to. Any help would be appreceated!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

totalanni wrote:Just recieved this modem in the mail, has the same pin layout as a dpc2100. After hooking it up and setting it to sb5101mod and hitting detect, usbjtagnt tells me to "check my configuration"...i click ok 3x and it detects

-detect 
 IDCODE 0334917F
 Broadcom BCM3349
 IMPCODE 00800904
 EJTAG V1, V2.0
 DMA supoorted
 Found Address= 9fc00000 CFI Intel 28F640J3
Was able to read the modem, but when trying to write firmware, it gives me this error.

-ldram Firmware 
-program Firmware 
 Dest must start at the boundary of a block
Im it has something to do with the flash? Here is a link to SBHacker on a similar topic, but there is no longer a flash.def to add to. Any help would be appreceated!
This has different memory map. You need to create xml for this modem.
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

I tried to make a xml, but i dont think it loaded right, cause after i flashed haxoware i got no ip address....Could i post a full dump and you help me out with the xml usbbdm?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

totalanni wrote:I tried to make a xml, but i dont think it loaded right, cause after i flashed haxoware i got no ip address....Could i post a full dump and you help me out with the xml usbbdm?
Do you have full 8M dump or you just have 2M dump. Only if you have the full 8M dump you can then consider to have a good backup.
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

I got it to dump a full 8mb...i just think i had things in the wrong location and whatnot, because after flashing haxo it wouldnt give an ip....here is a bin, have a look :)

DUMP
http://www.filedropper.com/netgear-00-1b-2f-1f-5e-b0
(Could not upload it on site, it exceeded the limit even zipped)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I see your image
Since this is 8M flash and your SB5101x will only allow you read the first 4M flash. Your dump is incomplete.

1 boot 0x9fc00000 size 0x20000
2. image0 0x9fc20000 size 3c0000
3. config 0x9ffe0000 size 20000

You might need to find another modem to read the rest 4M of flash.
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

I have multiples of these modems....could you provide a xml where i could dump you a complete 8mb flash so you could help?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

See what I am talking about Now USBBDM? Thats why I don't Use the USBJTAG NT to Do these Modems. LOL Yes its posible to get a Good Dump Of these with the USBJTAG NT, Not using the SB5101 Settings, However I rather load the Firmware Via Serial as I have stated over and over again. Never lost one Yet Via Serial.

I know for sure you can fix the Problem USBBDM , Why you haven't, I don't know But im just as happy to do them Via Serial. ;)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I already helpped him to create the xml.
The problem is I am not sure if haxoware will work on it or not. It is up to him to do the test. The programing has no issue at all.
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

usbbdm, if your around, could you join me in chat?
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

usbbdm wrote:I already helpped him to create the xml.
The problem is I am not sure if haxoware will work on it or not. It is up to him to do the test. The programing has no issue at all.
here is the deal...with fresh modems, after letting them sync up, i can load haxo to image0 and image1 and it works....
my problem is, with the xml, when i do a allflash read, and then cmpram it, its ALWAYS bad, and im having no luck debricking my modems...
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

apparently im seeing that each netgear modem im modding is taking a different jtag speed to read/write correctly...its odd, but i think i got it cmpram'ing right
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

totalanni wrote:apparently im seeing that each netgear modem im modding is taking a different jtag speed to read/write correctly...its odd, but i think i got it cmpram'ing right
If you use DMA I think even with cmpram bad does not mean it is bad. The issue is CPU is still running and WRITING the log and thus you can never get two pass cmpram OK.

If you go to TRAP ON then the cmpram should always be OK.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I already helpped him to create the xml.
OK I can Help with that. YES Haxoware will work. I have Haxoware 32 up to 39 In all the ones I have done So YES It works Flawlessly.
Heres what I think, If you care to take it into consideration? I think with the USBJTAG Soft its being written to wrong location in flash. But what do I know.

So i dont think its a programing issue, I think its a location issuse.
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

TUNDRA wrote:OK I can Help with that. YES Haxoware will work. I have Haxoware 32 up to 39 In all the ones I have done So YES It works Flawlessly.
Heres what I think, If you care to take it into consideration? I think with the USBJTAG Soft its being written to wrong location in flash. But what do I know.

So i dont think its a programing issue, I think its a location issuse.
with the xml i posted, you can flash haxoware over image0 and image1 and it will work flawlessly...that wasnt the issue :)
I since worked abit more on it and unbricked all my modems and got them running...