lost vod premium channels

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
mycabletest

lost vod premium channels

Post by mycabletest »

hi all,

I have a subbed box (dct700) with vod premium channels.
i changed fake UID and UPM to my subbed box. i lost vod channels but the regular premium channels are still intact.

I think the fake UID and/or UPM that i put it in are not exist in cc system.
or even the fake UID exist in cc but does not have vod premium package.

would someone please help me.

thanks
MT
cherrymachine

vod

Post by cherrymachine »

some areas such as mine, you need a valid UID for vod to work. If you cut your service, your UID is no longer valid. Also even with a valid UID your test box must be authorized for VOD And...Even if you have all that you may also need a valid UPM...
mycabletest

Post by mycabletest »

in other words, no way to get free vod
cherrymachine

Post by cherrymachine »

not at all. you just need to get all three.
mycabletest

please help

Post by mycabletest »

i got valid uid and upm from my friend subbed box with all premium vod package, but somehow i could not get the premium vod channels.
we all have the same vod provider, svc2500_.

i think the reason it is not working because we are not in different node/location.

i'm not give up yet. please provide suggestions.

thanks,
MT
cherrymachine

too close

Post by cherrymachine »

that was my next question, how close are you. If your in the same node with the same UPM wont work. It should have also closed him out of VOD also if you were online at the same time.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cherrymachine wrote:that was my next question, how close are you. If your in the same node with the same UPM wont work. It should have also closed him out of VOD also if you were online at the same time.
I don't think it matters. This is not a MODEM. Using the Same Mac in same Node for Modems don't work ,But cable Boxes are entirely different from a Modem. anyway Worth the try IMHO. :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
mycabletest

need help

Post by mycabletest »

guys,

i really don't know what i'm missing.

i put in old vcr in between but it still doesn't work.
i put in "digital cable filter" ... still doesn't work.

i borrowed the boxes from several friends (close house and far way from my house) and use their uid and upm and nvram; somehow i could not get my box working.

if someone knows how to get this works, please share with me or point me to the right direction.

thank you,

Ryan
cherrymachine

same mode

Post by cherrymachine »

cannot use same UPM on same node. proven fact. ( I know ) lol And it is in fact like a modem. It has an upstream a downstream and it assigns an ip address. (hint for you mycabletester)
household2

Post by household2 »

dont change the upm
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cherrymachine wrote:cannot use same UPM on same node. proven fact. ( I know ) lol And it is in fact like a modem. It has an upstream a downstream and it assigns an ip address. (hint for you mycabletester)
Well thats why its called testing. I have yet to test the effect of changing the upm. I had done so with old DLL and Had No effect on Box what so ever.
also Using a Valid UID has no Pos or Neg Effect. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cherrymachine

valid Id

Post by cherrymachine »

Here where i am you HAVE to have a valid id and good UPM for the area. you can use another UPM in the same node as long as they dont use (or not subscribed to) vod. you can use another valid UID from another node with a UPM from your node and your all good. Im sure rules vary from area to area, but these are a few things to consider if nothing else works.
cherrymachine

filter

Post by cherrymachine »

Another thing, testing VOD you dont want to put anything between the box and cable input. It has to talk back to the CC. (how would they know what u ordered) lol
mycabletest

thank you guys

Post by mycabletest »

i have tried all the combination that mentioned in this board, but the results are still the same "not working", i received either message vm-14 or srm-9002.

I know for sure VOD required 2 ways communication. i put the vcr or filter between would not work because it block the upstream communication. this only works for regular channel -- not to report the ppv back the the cc. like I said before "i will test all options until i find one work for me"

hey cherrymachine,
would you mind let me use you upm and uid to test .... please
:)

thanks,
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

mycabletest wrote:i have tried all the combination that mentioned in this board, but the results are still the same "not working", i received either message vm-14 or srm-9002.

I know for sure VOD required 2 ways communication. i put the vcr or filter between would not work because it block the upstream communication. this only works for regular channel -- not to report the ppv back the the cc. like I said before "i will test all options until i find one work for me"

hey cherrymachine,
would you mind let me use you upm and uid to test .... please
:)

thanks,
An easy way to tell is go to option 12 in ocult menu. if ip above the UPM Number ( witch makes no sence to change LOL ) is 0.0.0.0 then you will not get VOD If you have a regular IP other than that 0.0.0.0 then VOD's will work. ;)