Dct 700 can not detect

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
talypascual

Dct 700 can not detect

Post by talypascual »

Hello, my dct700 is "working" good because it show some channels, but after an upgrade for cc i lost the most of them, so now i have the new nvram from a good backup, but when i try to upgrade my dct700 im getting this error, so i cant detect and obviously cant restore the nvram:

Copyright (C) 2010,2011,2012
USB JTAG NT 0.49
Target: DCT700
-detect
IDCODE FFFFFFFF
Manufacturer not found 7FF

whats wrong? by the way im able to detect my other dct2500 so i think its not the usbnt jtag

thank u so much for ur help
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

talypascual wrote:Hello, my dct700 is "working" good because it show some channels, but after an upgrade for cc i lost the most of them, so now i have the new nvram from a good backup, but when i try to upgrade my dct700 im getting this error, so i cant detect and obviously cant restore the nvram:

USB JTAG NT 0.49
-detect
IDCODE FFFFFFFF

whats wrong? by the way im able to detect my other dct2500 so i think its not the usbnt jtag

try this:
1: make sure you match pin1 on board with pin1 on usbjtagnt
2: open the software, connect the usbjtagnt and wait untill it says ACTIVATED
3: connect the usbjtagnt to dct board "matching both pins 1"
4: now connect dct700 to power outlet and hit detect

some times if you give power to this box before you connect the usbjtagnt it gives you that error
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

talypascual wrote:Hello, my dct700 is "working" good because it show some channels, but after an upgrade for cc i lost the most of them, so now i have the new nvram from a good backup, but when i try to upgrade my dct700 im getting this error, so i cant detect and obviously cant restore the nvram:

USB JTAG NT 0.49
-detect
IDCODE FFFFFFFF

If the Channels where Taken Away from XC Chip , No Matter What BackUp You Use, THEY WON'T COME BACK. Only the CACO will Be able to Put them Back.
lafraga wrote:try this:
1: make sure you match pin1 on board with pin1 on usbjtagnt
2: open the software, connect the usbjtagnt and wait untill it says ACTIVATED
3: connect the usbjtagnt to dct board "matching both pins 1"
4: now connect dct700 to power outlet and hit detect

some times if you give power to this box before you connect the usbjtagnt it gives you that error
As Per His Post I am Sure He Knows How to Properly Connect the USBJTAG And Use the Software.
He's No Rookie. :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
talypascual

dct700 cannot detect

Post by talypascual »

TUNDRA wrote:If the Channels where Taken Away from XC Chip , No Matter What BackUp You Use, THEY WON'T COME BACK. Only the CACO will Be able to Put them Back.

As Per His Post I am Sure He Knows How to Properly Connect the USBJTAG And Use the Software.
Thanks guys for ur quick answer, yes my dct700 was "locked" already so i know that i still have the dct with the channels. i just want to set the new nvram, but the thing is i think my usbjatg is good because im able to test my other dct 2500, so its my dct700 bad ? how can i test it ?
(im sorry for my broken English)
thanks
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

TUNDRA wrote:If the Channels where Taken Away from XC Chip , No Matter What BackUp You Use, THEY WON'T COME BACK. Only the CACO will Be able to Put them Back.

yea you right but anybody can forget some simple thing like this after a time without doing it

and if he is not a rookie then he also know that he cant recover any channels taken away from xc chip but i think the main problem he is referring to is that he can't detect ;)
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

talypascual wrote:Thanks guys for ur quick answer, yes my dct700 was "locked" already so i know that i still have the dct with the channels. i just want to set the new nvram, but the thing is i think my usbjatg is good because im able to test my other dct 2500, so its my dct700 bad ? how can i test it ?
(im sorry for my broken English)
thanks
pero lo estas haciendo dando power de ultimo?
talypascual

Post by talypascual »

lafraga wrote:pero lo estas haciendo dando power de ultimo?
Si,
Yes man, im doing that and still can't detect.

(Si, la caja esta buena pues puedo ver algunos canales que no se fueron por el upgrade de cc, solo que no me detecta y pense estaba algo malo y no pues si puedo detectar y actualizar una dct2500 que usa el mismo hardware)
Gracias por tu ayuda.
Aprovecho y te puedo pm para preguntarte algo de una motorola ?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

talypascual wrote:Si,
Yes man, im doing that and still can't detect.

(Si, la caja esta buena pues puedo ver algunos canales que no se fueron por el upgrade de cc, solo que no me detecta y pense estaba algo malo y no pues si puedo detectar y actualizar una dct2500 que usa el mismo hardware)
Gracias por tu ayuda.
Aprovecho y te puedo pm para preguntarte algo de una dcx3200 motorola ?
Si estaba bloceada la caja No deveria haber cojido nungun Update. Si lo tomo algo no estaba bien echo.

si en alguno de los canales que se fueron te muestra que no esta suscrito, Dudo mucho que los puedas recuperar.

Buena Suerte con eso.:)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
talypascual

dct700 cannot detect

Post by talypascual »

TUNDRA wrote:Si estaba bloceada la caja No deveria haber cojido nungun Update. Si lo tomo algo no estaba bien echo.

si en alguno de los canales que se fueron te muestra que no esta suscrito, Dudo mucho que los puedas recuperar.

Buena Suerte con eso.:)
Gracias por contestar, tu tienes razon Tundra, pero debo decirte, la caja esta bien bloqueada pues siempre la he trabajado con el programa y ella no ha cogido ningun update, lo que me refiero con un update de cc es que cambiaron y agregaron mas canales en mi area y por eso la caja al estar bloqueada no toma los nuevos canales y no se como decirlo pero tambien movieron de frecuencia los canales entonces lo mismo al estar bloqueada no toma las nuevas posiciones de los canales.

El punto no es tanto que perdi o no los canales sino que la caja no me acepta el detect, entonces no le puedo poner la nueva nvram que ya ha trabajado con las cajas de unos amigos.

Espero me entiendas y como se que siempre ayudas y colaboras con la gente, por eso quisiera saber si hay algo que se pueda hacer con esta cajita.

Mil gracias.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

talypascual wrote:Gracias por contestar, tu tienes razon Tundra, pero debo decirte, la caja esta bien bloqueada pues siempre la he trabajado con el programa y ella no ha cogido ningun update, lo que me refiero con un update de cc es que cambiaron y agregaron mas canales en mi area y por eso la caja al estar bloqueada no toma los nuevos canales y no se como decirlo pero tambien movieron de frecuencia los canales entonces lo mismo al estar bloqueada no toma las nuevas posiciones de los canales.

El punto no es tanto que perdi o no los canales sino que la caja no me acepta el detect, entonces no le puedo poner la nueva nvram que ya ha trabajado con las cajas de unos amigos.

Espero me entiendas y como se que siempre ayudas y colaboras con la gente, por eso quisiera saber si hay algo que se pueda hacer con esta cajita.

Mil gracias.
Bueno, Ahora te explicaste Mejor. Si Agregaron canales Y esa caja no los tenia Aun con una NVRAM que este Updated Dudo Mucho los coja Pero si se deverian siguir viendo los que se veian antes de lo que agregaron. Pero si esta raro que lo pudiste detectar antes para bloqearlo Y ahora No. Algo mal Hay con eso.
de que area eres?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

sounds like a connection problem to me. especially if you say that other models are working, and it shows you the target. i don't think a problem like this is because of the box either...most likey some kinda connection problem.
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:sounds like a connection problem to me. especially if you say that other models are working, and it shows you the target. i don't think a problem like this is because of the box either...most likey some kinda connection problem.
You could be right. I had a similar Problem Once and on Close Inspection of the Wire I found that some wires close to the 14 pin conector where broken, I replaced with New 14 Pin Connector Wire and Problem was Solved.
talypascual

dct700 cannot detect

Post by talypascual »

TUNDRA wrote:Bueno, Ahora te explicaste Mejor. Si Agregaron canales Y esa caja no los tenia Aun con una NVRAM que este Updated Dudo Mucho los coja Pero si se deverian siguir viendo los que se veian antes de lo que agregaron. Pero si esta raro que lo pudiste detectar antes para bloqearlo Y ahora No. Algo mal Hay con eso.
de que area eres?
Estoy en South Florida, con respecto a el problema de conexion, entonces voy a tratar de leer otra dt700 a ver que pasa y asi estar seguro.
Gracias nuevamente.

I will check the usbjtag with another dct700 in order to be sure wich is the problem. thanks
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

talypascual wrote:Estoy en South Florida, con respecto a el problema de conexion, entonces voy a tratar de leer otra dt700 a ver que pasa y asi estar seguro.
Gracias nuevamente.

I will check the usbjtag with another dct700 in order to be sure wich is the problem. thanks
please post results
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lafraga wrote:please post results
Si calro. Dejanos Saver como te Va. ;)