Time Zone Question

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
digitalShark

Time Zone Question

Post by digitalShark »

Question about time zone. If you have a dct700 that is from another time zone, from what I have been reading, it has that time zone in both the xc chip and in nvram. I have also read that if these dont match, the channels on the xc chip will be deactivated. My question is, when I load a local nvram on it, should I modify the local nvram to reflect the time that was on the original nvram before connecting it back up? :confused:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

digitalShark wrote:Question about time zone. If you have a dct700 that is from another time zone, from what I have been reading, it has that time zone in both the xc chip and in nvram. I have also read that if these dont match, the channels on the xc chip will be deactivated. My question is, when I load a local nvram on it, should I modify the local nvram to reflect the time that was on the original nvram before connecting it back up? :confused:

Don't know where you read al this Nonsence Dude.

Just read NVRAM and in testing tab Click on Box Time and change dates from 2010 to 2011 and write back to Box. You will then have current Time.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
digitalShark

Post by digitalShark »

Don't know where you read al this Nonsence Dude.
On this forum I read it Dude.
Just read NVRAM and in testing tab Click on Box Time and change dates from 2010 to 2011 and write back to Box. You will then have current Time.
Thanks for the info Tundra. By the way, I read/wrote the local nvram and left everything else intact and the box turns off right away. I then tried using the entire firm/plat/rsvd from the dct700 sticky readme and putting the local nvram. When I did that, I only got channel 100 and 101.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

digitalShark wrote:On this forum I read it Dude.

Thanks for the info Tundra. By the way, I read/wrote the local nvram and left everything else intact and the box turns off right away. I then tried using the entire firm/plat/rsvd from the dct700 sticky readme and putting the local nvram. When I did that, I only got channel 100 and 101.
You Didn't make a BackUp of you Box before you started tesing it? Unless you Box was Bricked, I have No Idea Why you would even do that. Sounds Like you need to do some more Reading on the Subject Before doing any Testing.

My Reply to you was to correct the TIME ISSUSE Not related to How many Channels the Box Gets. Thats an entirely Different Subject........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
digitalShark

Post by digitalShark »

Tundra, I made a complete backup before I started screwing around with the box. :D Trust me, I spent many days and hours reading the faq and the other threads before I even did anything.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

digitalShark wrote:Tundra, I made a complete backup before I started screwing around with the box. :D Trust me, I spent many days and hours reading the faq and the other threads before I even did anything.
Good. I suggest you write that Back to Box and then Start Over. ;)
digitalShark

Post by digitalShark »

Thanks Chief. Time to do some more homework. :D
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

digitalShark wrote:Thanks Chief. Time to do some more homework. :D
Cool Do the Homework and Let me know How it goes.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

digitalShark wrote:Tundra, I made a complete backup before I started screwing around with the box. :D Trust me, I spent many days and hours reading the faq and the other threads before I even did anything.
you should ALWAYS be able to change time on the box without it effecting the channels!!! one has NOTHING to do with the other! i've changed many many times on boxes without it effecting the channels. so if it did screw with what you receive for channels you did SOMETHING ELSE wrong :D

like tundra said load up your backup and try again! only changing the channels should not do antying!!!

cheers
live your life like a beer commericial