Moderator: justsomeguy

antonx

need a video tutorial for sbv5120

Post by antonx »

help to flash sb5120 or sbv120
moddog

Post by moddog »

antonx wrote:help to flash sb5120 or sbv120
Look to the left of your screen all you need is there!
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Like Moddog Said. All you need is on the Left side of your Screen.

You Need to Read and Practice..
Next thing People will be Asking is for somone to Come to there House and do it For them. :D
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:Like Moddog Said. All you need is on the Left side of your Screen.

You Need to Read and Practice..
Next thing People will be Asking is for somone to Come to there House and do it For them. :D
gimmie your address and i'll be right there...lol
live your life like a beer commericial
buzzybuzzard

Post by buzzybuzzard »

What are u going to flash it with Serach for SB5120 and read all the post if u are trying to clone it from a sub read all the 2mbdump flash threads it not easy but can be done use speed 2 and Sprogram amd cmpram if u get an error then reflash the tab where the error is and rerun cmpram

Ok guys tell him how easy it is and i am full of it
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

buzzybuzzard wrote:What are u going to flash it with Serach for SB5120 and read all the post if u are trying to clone it from a sub read all the 2mbdump flash threads it not easy but can be done use speed 2 and Sprogram amd cmpram if u get an error then reflash the tab where the error is and rerun cmpram

Ok guys tell him how easy it is and i am full of it
no need buddy.....you aint full of it...BUT.... there are ALOT of people that find this task easy compared to alot of other things they test .when you compare this to extreme testing compared to average testing its a whole different story8)...
live your life like a beer commericial
antonx

Post by antonx »

Well flashing dct700 is easy. but this is my first time on modem flashing .. but thanks to all of you .. i think i just need to get the 5120 modem .. cause the jtag fits perfecly. This 5101 modem .. im having trouble wit .. everytime i write it says detect the flash first .... imma try speed 2
moddog

Post by moddog »

antonx wrote:Well flashing dct700 is easy. but this is my first time on modem flashing .. but thanks to all of you .. i think i just need to get the 5120 modem .. cause the jtag fits perfecly. This 5101 modem .. im having trouble wit .. everytime i write it says detect the flash first .... imma try speed 2
:D So why not do what it say, you of to detect the flash first, its like a door you of to open it before you can go true.
Good better best
buzzybuzzard

Post by buzzybuzzard »

antonx wrote:Well flashing dct700 is easy. but this is my first time on modem flashing .. but thanks to all of you .. i think i just need to get the 5120 modem .. cause the jtag fits perfecly. This 5101 modem .. im having trouble wit .. everytime i write it says detect the flash first .... imma try speed 2
i am sorry to say but if u cant flash a 5101 u will never whip a 5120 and as far as iknow there is no mod firmware for a 5120 here are the flashing info for a SB5101 just plug in the first 10 pins pin 1 is the square one
Select SB5101 in the comfig tab copy and paste the following CMDS and address select speed 2
It is recommended you make a backup before flashing haxorware (or any other hacked firmware) onto your modem.
To create a 2MB backup , enter the following commands:
detect
getram 9fc00000 200000
cmpram 9fc00000 200000
save 9fc00000 200000
(A save as dialog will appear, choose where to save your 2MB backup)

To program haxorware to your modem, issue the following commands:
detect
ldram 9fc10000
A File Open dialog will appear, find the haxorware firmware file you want (haxorware11rev39-LITE.bin) and click open
program 9fc10000 130000

After the flashing is complete, reboot your modem and enjoy Haxorware
moddog

Post by moddog »

UJmodem pretty much speak for it self.
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:UJmodem pretty much speak for it self.
You Got that Right. Cant get any easyer than That. If someone Cant Understand that then they should Find a New Hobby. :D
antonx

Jtag is burned out

Post by antonx »

Thanks for all of your imput. .. but i tried flashing a dct700 and yellow light goes out as soon as jtag is connected .. so i need a new jtag nt and to get my hands on a sb512 modem
buzzybuzzard

Post by buzzybuzzard »

antonx wrote:Thanks for all of your imput. .. but i tried flashing a dct700 and yellow light goes out as soon as jtag is connected .. so i need a new jtag nt and to get my hands on a sb512 modem
u can do as u want but u are hyjacking the thread try to stay with the org title
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

antonx wrote:Thanks for all of your imput. .. but i tried flashing a dct700 and yellow light goes out as soon as jtag is connected .. so i need a new jtag nt and to get my hands on a sb512 modem
NEVER DO HOT PLUG. You will kill the JTAG if you do hot plug. That means if you have DCT700 on and try to connect 14 pins. In the manual pdf it is printed in RED.

Always connect JTAG first with both USB unplugged and DCT700 (target) powered off. With DCT700 on and connect JTAG and you have the formula to kill DCT700 or JTAG NT.
antonx

Post by antonx »

Yrah your rite usbbdm. .. hot pluging on the sb5101 modem killed quite a few piins. . I learned my lesson