Theory - DCT7000

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
delorean

Theory - DCT7000

Post by delorean »

Hi all,
I'm playing around a dct700 (provided by my cc) that has all the premium, adult channels and ppv activated. In a week or so, i will call to cancel almost all of these packages.
If I chance the ID of my dct700 to a fake one, would it be possible to block the that "channel cancelation" from my cc to get to the xc chip?

My cc is not using the upstream capabilities of the dct700 (no data is sent from the box to the cc).

Thanks,
Delorean
bahamasair

Post by bahamasair »

Hey bud. How do you know your caco isnt using the upstream capabilities for the box? Im just curious since Ive never heard that from anyone else.
Thanks
And just to let you know Thats what I did with one of my boxes and it worked fine.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

just change UID and UPM .....

nobody belive me but UPM is permanent into each box.....comes from motorola.....CC might be able to see what number is like a mac id.....most important is UID,,,,
delorean

Post by delorean »

Thanks Adrian, I'm going to try it and I?ll post how it worked.

Bahamasair, I know that because of the diag screen of the dtc (power off and press "select" till the menu appears). There it said that the upstream is disabled.

btw, I saw that about a week ago, today I tried to look at it to post a picture but, for some reason, it was impossible to me to access it.

Thanks,
Delorean
bahamasair

Post by bahamasair »

Thanks for the reply bud. Ive never seen that on any of my boxes so will have to assume its enabled on mine.
delorean

Post by delorean »

ok, UID changed. Some tips:
1) the new UID that you enter should not have "-" on it. i.e.: if you want to program 12345-67890, just put 1234567890, otherwise, the dct won't stay on or it won't get that UID.
2) unplug the usbjtag from the box after re powering the box.

adrianbv6, what is the UPM and how do you change it?

Thanks
Delorean
tester5

Post by tester5 »

sorry to post in wrong part....on 700 2500....anyone can use old firmwares with no problem on any network...this way u can have fake address for longer time uninterupted.....
its a little tricky to do but since so many come out so fast bdm might have time to update every time..... this is what can be done.
other ways might work too i prefer to post this one.

1 setram nvram with no data......alll 0000 then reset box..

2 change emm ID to 00 03 location is 9801b460 this part u have to change with nvtool then reload in jtag program.

3 load a good nvram data and setram 98000000 c000

4 reset box and load applications then program from the last to first like app4 3 2 1.....many isp dont use 4 yet check dont need to program what you dont need.

5 once you program everything you can just setram to enable programs..

locations might be sligtly diferent but starts at 98012a00 .............. my area is 98012a50 900 so try that should work.....

on 700 if you have problem programing first erase plat.....then unplug box and plug back in then folow all those steps and at the end program plat and rebut box........works like a champ all the time.
delorean

Post by delorean »

Adrianbv6, I've read and read your post and I coudn't find what emm ID is (i tried nvtool, but nothing there).
besides this, what is the main goal of your procedure?

Thanks
Delorean
tweet645

dct 700

Post by tweet645 »

I have my cable and a box to play with. What would be the steps to clone my box from start to finish. I am new to this.