error S00900 but good signal :(

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

ramses18

error S00900 but good signal :(

Post by ramses18 »

Hi I have a problem, I have a box dct2224 had everything open exept ppv. was working fine until las night, get error S00900. thought it was signal issue, so i replace the cable I put a new one and nothing, i move it arround the house and nothing, I realized that I had another TV connected directly to cable and was the same no signal. and made the Scan again and got channels back. but my cable box nothing. and its not signal problem cause the internet works fine. and i got to the hiden menu in the cable box and i get 30db. and also the guide works just fine i get the time correctli and the programaccion. so what i did was put a fresh back up again programed my box and this time had unchek channel update cause before had everything check. but nothing. please help.
To master the functions of your Hardware, Read read read read read read read read until your eyeballs fall from their sockets! Then, reinsert and read some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ramses18 wrote:Hi I have a problem, I have a box dct2224 had everything open exept ppv. was working fine until las night, get error S00900. thought it was signal issue, so i replace the cable I put a new one and nothing, i move it arround the house and nothing, I realized that I had another TV connected directly to cable and was the same no signal. and made the Scan again and got channels back. but my cable box nothing. and its not signal problem cause the internet works fine. and i got to the hiden menu in the cable box and i get 30db. and also the guide works just fine i get the time correctli and the programaccion. so what i did was put a fresh back up again programed my box and this time had unchek channel update cause before had everything check. but nothing. please help.
Do you get any picture at all? Like on the basic channels,2, 3, 4?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

CAPONE wrote:Do you get any picture at all? Like on the basic channels,2, 3, 4?
no bro i just get error s0900. what i think its either its an update or the channel frecuensy. but can someone tell me how to update the firmware with out lossing my channels?
To master the functions of your Hardware, Read read read read read read read read until your eyeballs fall from their sockets! Then, reinsert and read some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

ramses18 wrote:no bro i just get error s0900. what i think its either its an update or the channel frecuensy. but can someone tell me how to update the firmware with out lossing my channels?
i have taught you how to do that before did i not?
live your life like a beer commericial
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

justsomeguy wrote:i have taught you how to do that before did i not?
i think yeah bro, but i forgot how to do it. thanks for your help.
:)
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

ramses18 wrote:i think yeah bro, but i forgot how to do it. thanks for your help.
:)
no prob. let us know how you make out :D
live your life like a beer commericial
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

sorry to bother guys but i did the update and everything but nothing. i put a fresh back up connect to coxial then go to occult menu let it update then it restarts then i made another back up and program the box. but still shows the same firmware 8.17 it updates but still shows same firmware, and the same problem im lost now. same code s0900.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ramses18 wrote:Hi I have a problem, I have a box dct2224 had everything open exept ppv. was working fine until las night, get error S00900. thought it was signal issue, so i replace the cable I put a new one and nothing, i move it arround the house and nothing, I realized that I had another TV connected directly to cable and was the same no signal. and made the Scan again and got channels back. but my cable box nothing. and its not signal problem cause the internet works fine. and i got to the hiden menu in the cable box and i get 30db. and also the guide works just fine i get the time correctli and the programaccion. so what i did was put a fresh back up again programed my box and this time had unchek channel update cause before had everything check. but nothing. please help.
If ppv stops working, this could indicate the credit stored in the XC chip had been used up. You need to let CC hit the box and new credit number might be added.
Even if you erased the PPV history you might still get charged for the last ppv order. That is what was tested before. Not sure if it is still the case.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:If ppv stops working, this could indicate the credit stored in the XC chip had been used up. You need to let CC hit the box and new credit number might be added.
Even if you erased the PPV history you might still get charged for the last ppv order. That is what was tested before. Not sure if it is still the case.
He lost video on ALL CHANNELS according to his Post. So its not an Issuse with PPV...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

CAPONE wrote:He lost video on ALL CHANNELS according to his Post. So its not an Issuse with PPV...........
yes capone its right. i dond use ppv cause i don have them open. i did exctly the update as i told i did the update, then it resets after the reset.i mad another back up and then program the box and check everythin and nothing the same message !one momment please ref. code s0900!. if its another update it should shon when im programming the box but shows 8.17 its strange. i did the update now i notice the after the guide one more line ad up. CC_TG_20 69.01 says enabled does anyone knows the meaning of that?
joe9877000

Post by joe9877000 »

I have the same issue. Can you please tell me how you updated your firmware? Thanks
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

joe9877000 wrote:I have the same issue. Can you please tell me how you updated your firmware? Thanks
update the firmware does not work! just update the guide and on demand but same error appear after the update! cause does not update the firmware or the channel map. its cofirm to make the channels vieable again we need the nvram updated with the new map of channels.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ramses18 wrote:update the firmware does not work! just update the guide and on demand but same error appear after the update! cause does not update the firmware or the channel map. its cofirm to make the channels vieable again we need the nvram updated with the new map of channels.
NOT SO. When you let box take Update NVRAM gets updated as well with new channel Lineup. Your Problem is NOT Outdated NVRAM, Its a Video key Problem........
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

joe9877000 wrote:I have the same issue. Can you please tell me how you updated your firmware? Thanks
You Write back Original Box Backup WITHOUT MODDING FIRMWARE. Connect to COAX FEED and let it take Update. Takes about 30 Minutes or so to fully compleate Update. The box will also restart itself in the process so DON'T PANIC. LOL
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

CAPONE wrote:NOT SO. When you let box take Update NVRAM gets updated as well with new channel Lineup. Your Problem is NOT Outdated NVRAM, Its a Video key Problem........
what can i do to solve the problem regarding the video key? or why the video key does not update like the rest?