inject certs

This forum discuss about how to JTAG different devices.
dennisB

inject certs

Post by dennisB »

Can someone please point me to how to use ujmodem to inject the certs, I have been looking and doing searchs but have not find a direction on it, I see the option to insert but am sure am not doing it right
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

dennisB wrote:Can someone please point me to how to use ujmodem to inject the certs, I have been looking and doing searchs but have not find a direction on it, I see the option to insert but am sure am not doing it right
i have to ask this....do you know what your doing with testing modems? have you ever tested a modem before? i ask because the world of modems has drastically changed and now adays only 1% of people can do it. unless you want to clone a modem ?
live your life like a beer commericial
dennisB

Post by dennisB »

I can clone ok, but i want to learn to inject and extract certs being that seems to be the norm now, I know that there is more to it than that but its a start
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

dennisB wrote:I can clone ok, but i want to learn to inject and extract certs being that seems to be the norm now, I know that there is more to it than that but its a start
ok, just wanted to make sure you knew what can and cannot be done now adays with modems...maybe capone will step in and give you a little help with what you are looking to learn...he's been pretty busy lately though so might not have alot of time ... just keep searching and don't give up..
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

I would start by suggesting you learn how to do it by hand, Don't rely on UJModem.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:I would start by suggesting you learn how to do it by hand, Don't rely on UJModem.
is it hard to cram your hand into the modem when you do it like that? can you please explain the procedure to us. do you write the numbers on a piece of paper then cram it in by hand? or do you just write the numbers on your hand and cram it in? more info is needed for this procedure please..:eek::confused::wink::rolleyes:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:is it hard to cram your hand into the modem when you do it like that? can you please explain the procedure to us. do you write the numbers on a piece of paper then cram it in by hand? or do you just write the numbers on your hand and cram it in? more info is needed for this procedure please..:eek::confused::wink::rolleyes:
No Writing anything down. LMFAO That's not what I meant when I said by Hand. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:No Writing anything down. LMFAO That's not what I meant when I said by Hand. ;)
just trying to be a smart ass like my buddy capone~ lmfao~:eek:
dennisB

Post by dennisB »

Thanks capone, I have been trying to do manualy with telnet but am stuck at port not opening, everything has been just through research everybody tight lip
stomperz

Please

Post by stomperz »

for the sake of God - Allah or whoever
please do some reading before the wrath of the site elders go prehistoric on your ass

there are millions of things that pertain to modems all free info on the internet

in 2 seconds using Google gives me one of many reasons
Why Console Access Is Disabled

When the cable interface on the cable modem is not initialized, console and Telnet access to the cable modem function as on any other Cisco router. However, once the modem achieves online status and the cable interface is initialized, console access is disabled automatically following a new configuration that is downloaded into the cable modem through the DOCSIS configuration file. This newly downloaded configuration contains a new enable password and new Telnet passwords that are not visible to the end user. These changes are all controlled by the service provider, so no configuration can be done on the cable modem side to override them. Any previously stored configurations are superseded by the newly downloaded configuration file. This is done so that tampering with cable modem configurations is prevented once the cable modem is online. This security measure was a request by the majority of cable providers in the United States.
quoted from Cisco site

or get a CloneMaster-v400-504
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
coyote cojo

Post by coyote cojo »

dennisB wrote:Can someone please point me to how to use ujmodem to inject the certs, I have been looking and doing searchs but have not find a direction on it, I see the option to insert but am sure am not doing it right
from what modem did you get the certs from? Some certs dont work on other model of modems. So you must know which ones that works. For example, sb5101 cert cannot be injected to sb5100 modems but sb5100 modem certs can be injected to sb5101.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:for the sake of God - Allah or whoever
please do some reading before the wrath of the site elders go prehistoric on your ass

there are millions of things that pertain to modems all free info on the internet

in 2 seconds using Google gives me one of many reasons
quoted from Cisco site

or get a CloneMaster-v400-504
The New CloneMaster V900 Plus is way Better. ;)
stomperz

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who can't read.

Post by stomperz »

CAPONE wrote:The New CloneMaster V900 Plus is way Better. ;)
True, but twice as expensive!

A large amount time reading and testing about modems and the V900 manual would be the key to doing almost anything.
Just a thought
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
dennisB

Post by dennisB »

Stompeez try not to talk with a mouth full of DDDDDK!!

Coyote, thanks for reply in my READINGS and RESEARCH I hear that 5101 certs
can be injected individually it could be wrong but what is testing if u dont try everything. Am still a novice at testing so I mess up a lot of equiptment trying things which is why i welcome all the help I can get
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dennisB wrote:Thanks capone, I have been trying to do manualy with telnet but am stuck at port not opening, everything has been just through research everybody tight lip
Doing it thru telnet can be a PITA but there are easyer ways. You really need to start bay posting from what model to what model are you looking to do this. All this time you have not mentioned ONCE what model modems are you wori\king with and thats KEY INFO needed in order to point you in right direction.