How can I Debrick a DCP3000

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
modembricker

How can I Debrick a DCP3000

Post by modembricker »

It was working fine when I got it, then after playing with some configs, it rebooted and never came back on. Now, only power light and link light are on. It was running Forceware r12 I believe. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be nice. I just got my usbjtagnt, test clip, and jumper wires.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

modembricker wrote:It was working fine when I got it, then after playing with some configs, it rebooted and never came back on. Now, only power light and link light are on. It was running Forceware r12 I believe. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be nice. I just got my usbjtagnt, test clip, and jumper wires.
Then you need to READ.

Video Tutorial Link
http://www.usbjtag.com/menu.php?p=2|10|20|#20
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
modembricker

Post by modembricker »

CAPONE wrote:Then you need to READ.

Video Tutorial Link
http://www.usbjtag.com/menu.php?p=2|10|20|#20
That link is hosed bro, Ill search around.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/modem/dpc3000.php
The debrick is similar to SB6120.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

modembricker wrote:That link is hosed bro, Ill search around.
The links works for me, It takes you to all 4 video tutorials on SB6120, Which as USBBDM mentiones its the same programming steps as the DPC3000.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
modembricker

Post by modembricker »

Yeah I apologize, I didnt notice the video links to the left till later, theyre small. I was able to properly jtag my modem back to life and I am now on the cisco modem configuration page after loading a full 16mb dump, but now how do i load forceware? I selected UBF11 in the jtagnt software, selected a 3mb forceware bin, wrote it, and rebooted the modem and Im still at the cisco page. What did i do wrong?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

modembricker wrote:Yeah I apologize, I didnt notice the video links to the left till later, theyre small. I was able to properly jtag my modem back to life and I am now on the cisco modem configuration page after loading a full 16mb dump, but now how do i load forceware? I selected UBF11 in the jtagnt software, selected a 3mb forceware bin, wrote it, and rebooted the modem and Im still at the cisco page. What did i do wrong?
UBFI1 and UBFI2 need to be programmed.
modembricker

Post by modembricker »

Got it brother! Thank You! I must say, this jtag is one bad motherfooker! Glad I bought it. Thanks for your help guys.
Whammy45

Post by Whammy45 »

I've tried unbricking using the method in the video but still no luck i id the chip on the tm802 but after loading boot and flashing boot image0 and image1 still the modem has all lights on I also verify each it each time after writing files...