0x2d43f041

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

madface wrote:Sorry, but I think is 32M Flash, not 4M. This is written in Macronix datasheet.
Acording to the Diagram there in the same order as the USBJTAG NT. And if datasheet say 32Mbit its not the same as 32MByte.
32MBit = 4MByte
madface

Post by madface »

CAPONE wrote:You will first need to have the USBJTAG NT In your hands to Move Foward. You can try them Both and see what you get in Output Screen...
I have the toy in my hands, so I can move forward...:D
usbbdm wrote:Make sure you see TRAP ON. Or it will not work.
I can't get Trap On.
madface wrote:Sorry for posting here, but I can not find a related thread reagarding the pins of USBJTAGNT.

In the user guide is written:
Pin1 – TRST
Pin3 – TDI
Pin5 - TDO
Pin7 – TMS
Pin9 – TCK
Pin11 – RESET
Pin13 – DEBUG (Not used)
Pin 2, 4,6,8,10 Ground. Pin 14 NC
but in the connection diagram provided by usbjtagnt 0.56a is something like:

Pin3 - TD1
Pin5 - TDO
Pin7 - TMS
Pin9 - TCK
Pin11 - RST (or Reset)
Pin13 - TRST

Which one is correct? I mean Pin13 is Debug or TRST?
I followed the instructions listed here (http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/ird/sv8000.php) because I presume I have the same pin diagram. So, switching pin1 to 13, every time I press F1 (detect), the box is reseting. I cannot get Trap On....:(
How may approach this matter?
madface

Post by madface »

CAPONE wrote:Acording to the Diagram there in the same order as the USBJTAG NT. And if datasheet say 32Mbit its not the same as 32MByte.
32MBit = 4MByte
Ok, I got it!

Thank you for your support, Capone! Thumbs up!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

madface wrote:Ok, I got it!

Thank you for your support, Capone! Thumbs up!
No Problem Buddy.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

madface wrote:I have the toy in my hands, so I can move forward...:D

I can't get Trap On.

I followed the instructions listed here (http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/ird/sv8000.php) because I presume I have the same pin diagram. So, switching pin1 to 13, every time I press F1 (detect), the box is reseting. I cannot get Trap On....:(
How may approach this matter?
You can try to remove the reset pin (pin11 from NT) and see if the reset stops.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:You can try to remove the reset pin (pin11 from NT) and see if the reset stops.
I did this already, but no luck! The status bar is "saying" BOX OFF.... so no TRAP ON
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

madface wrote:I did this already, but no luck! The status bar is "saying" BOX OFF.... so no TRAP ON
Setup teamviewer tonight and I can take a look.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:Setup teamviewer tonight and I can take a look.
I've sent a PM. Until then, I will test further...
madface

Reset circuit diagram

Post by madface »

Here is my reset circuit diagram, made it in big hurry, but I hope it is readable...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:You can try to remove the reset pin (pin11 from NT) and see if the reset stops.
What I forgot to tell here, is that after I've removed the reset pin, the box is not booting. It detects the processor, the BOX OFF appears in status bar, but I cannot get TRAP ON. This is happening in ST40 mode.
In DCU mode, (usbjtag nt connected according with THIS mode), I get the ID of the processor, the box is booting, but TRAP OFF is still there... Tried several order of actions:
1. start software, interface connected to usb port, power on the box, press F1 (get ID)
2.start software, power on the box, connect to usb (usb connected appears) and then press F1.

I have pressed F1 at different period of time (immediately after power on the box or after usb connected message appears), no luck.
I will wait until next release or I will give another tries. :confused:
Should I try to write some script to force go to trap on? I am out of any idea...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ST40 and DCU are not the same. So either one or the other.
I assume your device is ST40 device and I have noticed some issues regarding ST40 JTAG.

With 0.56a, if the device is working fine, then you should be able to get TRAP ON easily.
If the boot is erased it is hard to enter TRAP ON on some target. I have tried Sti7100 (Sonicview 8000HD), enter TRAP ON is not difficult. But on Sti5202 enter TRAP ON is difficult but not impossible. I have also tried using 3M JTAG clock and sometime I got better chance to enter TRAP ON.

The TRAP ON is to inject small debug code into ASMEM (special memory for debug and instruct the CPU to execute it). Once we got proper response from it then it enters TRAP ON and we can do things we want. The reset procedure is the most important thing. So do not remove the reset pin or it will never work.

The ST40 has special timing for TRST and RESET. Both pins has to be connected. There is a small window after power on and detect is hit if your boot is bad to be able to enter TRAP ON. I am working on it to see if I can do some adjustment on timing to get better chance to enter TRAP ON.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have just found that the reset pin on USB JTAG NT is not power enough to drive the reset pin on my STi5202. I will look into this issue tomorrow. If needed we might need to add a driver for it.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:I have just found that the reset pin on USB JTAG NT is not power enough to drive the reset pin on my STi5202. I will look into this issue tomorrow. If needed we might need to add a driver for it.
My USB JTAG NT interface has enough power. Every time I press F1 resets the box....:confused:
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:ST40 and DCU are not the same. So either one or the other.
I assume your device is ST40 device and I have noticed some issues regarding ST40 JTAG.

With 0.56a, if the device is working fine, then you should be able to get TRAP ON easily.
If the boot is erased it is hard to enter TRAP ON on some target. I have tried Sti7100 (Sonicview 8000HD), enter TRAP ON is not difficult. But on Sti5202 enter TRAP ON is difficult but not impossible. I have also tried using 3M JTAG clock and sometime I got better chance to enter TRAP ON.

The TRAP ON is to inject small debug code into ASMEM (special memory for debug and instruct the CPU to execute it). Once we got proper response from it then it enters TRAP ON and we can do things we want. The reset procedure is the most important thing. So do not remove the reset pin or it will never work.

The ST40 has special timing for TRST and RESET. Both pins has to be connected. There is a small window after power on and detect is hit if your boot is bad to be able to enter TRAP ON. I am working on it to see if I can do some adjustment on timing to get better chance to enter TRAP ON.
Maybe this is my problem: TRST is actually NOTTRST and RESET is NOTRESET. Should I invert the output from USB JTAG NT interface?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

madface wrote:My USB JTAG NT interface has enough power. Every time I press F1 resets the box....:confused:
That is good. Since mine is not the 0.56a timing is not correct. I will build a new reset circuit and adjust timing.