Need more info SB5051 and others devices

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
seagame2001

Need more info SB5051 and others devices

Post by seagame2001 »

Hello every one

I just signed up this forum for today and I spent several hours to read through the forum but I did not see the benifit or the reason to falsh SB cable modem

I was looking how to hack SB5051 on youtube and linked to this forum.

So I have two question

What are the benifit of USBJtag for cable modem, cable box and Satellite receivers?

Do I have to get a special cable for to do this procedure?

Sorry for asking too much. I have cable modem, cable box are active now, but the Satellite just sits around for nothing.

I hope you can give me some info and sorry for being newb guys
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have not heard of SB5051 modem.
USBJTAG NT is a programming device that can alter the firmware on a lot of embedded devices.
All the procedure of programming target devices are more or less the same. There is no special procedure to program a modem. You can use the router the same way.
As of firmware you can find them from somewhere or you can DIY the firmware. Now days, a lot of devices are using Linux and this opens door to customize the firmware.

This forum is most dedicated on how to program the device. There is little info about what to program the device and how to test with it.
Happy Jtagging.
seagame2001

Post by seagame2001 »

Sorry I meant I had motorola surfboar

Software Version: SB5101N

If I flash my cable modem, do I get faster speed?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

seagame2001 wrote:Sorry I meant I had motorola surfboar

Software Version: SB5101N

If I flash my cable modem, do I get faster speed?
SB5101N Is not a Software Vertion, It a Modem MODEL.
Aside from that a Simple Search with the Search Tab Will find you all related Info on that modem Model.
Heres the Link for SB5101U,
http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/modem/sb5101u.php

SB5101U and SB5101N are the same thing and done the Same Way.
BOY are You LATE to get into the Modem Testing Game.
GOOD LUCK
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
syankey1970

Post by syankey1970 »

CAPONE wrote:SB5101N Is not a Software Vertion, It a Modem MODEL.
Aside from that a Simple Search with the Search Tab Will find you all related Info on that modem Model.
Heres the Link for SB5101U,
http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/modem/sb5101u.php

SB5101U and SB5101N are the same thing and done the Same Way.
BOY are You LATE to get into the Modem Testing Game.
GOOD LUCK
WAYYYY Late.

If you teach a man to fish he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day...lol
coyote cojo

Post by coyote cojo »

Better late than never. Beside if you know what your CMTS want , it is really easy.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

coyote cojo wrote:Better late than never. Beside if you know what your CMTS want , it is really easy.
LMFAO, He does not even Know anything about Sb5101 Modem, What makes you think he will Know What CMTS Wants??????????
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
seagame2001

Post by seagame2001 »

I had an extra modem lay around so I want to learn but no one answer my question if I flash my SB cable modem, do I get faster internet speed?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

seagame2001 wrote:I had an extra modem lay around so I want to learn but no one answer my question if I flash my SB cable modem, do I get faster internet speed?
If what you want is faster speed with out paying for it, Thats TOS. This Sites main Purpose if porgramming different targets. You will need to go elsewhere to find info on a Modem dedicated Site.